Here are a few easy things you can do today to help improve your mood and reduce your stress. They take very little time and no money. Try a couple of them and see how you feel!
* Do you have a minute alone – maybe in the elevator, stairwell, your car, or office? Smile once for no reason at all.
* Have one of your favorite foods as a meal or snack. Don’t rush it. Take your time and really enjoy it.
* If you have a clumsy moment, laugh at yourself! It’s not important enough to get upset about, and it was likely pretty funny if seen by someone else.
* If you’re dealing with someone who annoys you, focus on something you genuinely like about them. Maybe they’re wearing a nice shirt or maybe you like the color of their eyes. It won’t make you love that person, but you’ll notice that working with them becomes a little easier.
* Take a minute or two to spend with a pet. Feel the softness of the fur, or really notice the colors of the eyes, fur, feathers – whatever applies to your pet. :)
* If you have a chore to do around the house, turn on your favorite music or audio program. Your mood will rise as you listen, and then the job will be over in no time.
* Take a minute to think of your closest circle of friends and family. Sometimes the ones closest to your heart are not the people you see or talk to the most. If you feel like it, you can even send someone an e-card or a little note by snail mail.
* Take a few minutes and play a silly game. If you want to play it with someone else, like your kids, then that works even better! But it’s best if it’s something silly or physical that doesn’t take much brain power. Before you know it, you’ll be smiling and maybe even laughing.
Do you have a tip you’d like to add to this list? Leave a comment and share it!