Monday, January 25, 2010

Use LOVE to get more of what you love!

If there’s something you’d like to see more of in your life, feel the LOVE for it instead of feeling a “need” or “want” of it.


How is the feeling of “love” different from “want” or “need”? The best way to describe it is to have you feel it for yourself. Think of someone or something you know you love in your life right now. This can be a child or a spouse or a pet. The list is endless. We’ll use a person as an example. Close your eyes and feel the love you have for that person. Then think of something else in your life that you love and feel that feeling. The trick here is just to recognize exactly how it feels TO YOU to feel love. Describing how I feel isn’t going to help you because each of us feels and senses things in a unique way.

Now try this exercise


Think of something you want more of in your life. Let’s pick money for example because that’s a pretty popular one. Normally if you’re feeling short of money, you feel a burning desire, a need to get into a better situation. That’s a natural feeling. Now think about money, and think about why you want more of it, in a general sense. For me, money brings me a feeling of security and freedom. Whatever good feeling you get from money in general, focus on that for a minute. This is something you love in your life.

Part of this process is taking a very specific want and making it more general. This helps me because I have been known to obsess over things that are lacking in my life. So trying to think of that specific thing in a different way can be very challenging. But it helps to make the feeling and statement more general.


Now this isn’t saying you must always feel this new way about the thing you desire. We’re human, and we’re used to thinking certain ways about things. Just once in a while, whenever you happen to be thinking of something you want, try the exercise above.


It helps to have words to go with this feeling because that helps you focus it. You can phrase it in any way that works for you. I can share a couple of mine: “I love the security and freedom I get from having more money in my life.” “I love the feeling of purpose I get from knowing I’ve helped someone.” “I love seeing my family happy.”


By changing how you feel you can change how quickly you get this thing you’re wanting. By simply holding that sensation of love and focusing your attention on it, you will manifest more things in your life that make you feel that way!

2 comments:

Estra said...

Great post! You hit on a key point that a lot of people miss when visualizing what they want. So important to get into the feeling place of already having it and appreciating it! You also focused on finding the essence of what you want--the feeling having that thing will give you. That makes it easier for the Universe to get you what you want more quickly as you are staying open to the essence, not just the form.

Unknown said...

Excellent post. Thank you!