Friday, June 19, 2009

My Blackadder birthday

I had my 35th birthday was just last weekend (June 14th). I had a mellow day with family this year, and it was just perfect.

As a family, we walked out to a local ice cream parlor and sat on the patio with our massive sundays! I decided I'd rather have that than cake this year. We even brought the dogs to let them have their own vanilla cups. I think our dachshund ate it too fast because she shivered for the rest of our outing!

And in our family for birthday presents we just pick something we'd like and then that becomes the gift from everyone. It takes the surprise out of it, but it's fun to think all year about what we want to pick. :)

This year I decided to finally get the entire series of Blackadder. This show is one of my all-time favorites. :) For those of you who don't know it, it's a British comedy from the '80s starring Rowan Atkinson. The humor is rather dark at times, but I love it! :)

Here's a short clip featuring Hugh Laurie who was one of the stars of the show for while. Please note before watching, the humor is a little raunchy and some might consider it offensive.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

very funny clip! My DH and I do the same thing... but more spare of the moment. Sounds fun to be able to think about it all year!