Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Featured Shop: Bags by Melanie

At Bags by Melanie you'll find a wonderful selection of bags, purses, and key fobs. There are lots of colors and styles to choose from and prices to suit anyone's budget.

It was tough choosing a favorite but I finally decided on this bag called Charm.

Melanie talked with me a little about herself and her art:
"My name is Melanie and I am a stay at home mom of three children, two boys (11 and 3) and a girl (1 1/2). I started my stay at home business of making bags and accessories three years ago this August.

"I make and design my own patterns, because of this each bag is slightly different from the one before it. I let the fabric tell me what it wants to be. Just because I have a piece of fabric doesn't necessarily mean that it belongs made into a tote bag. My brain is always full of ideas, some good some not so good, but they are always floating around. I only make one this at a time to make sure I am giving each piece the attention it deserves."
I've put together a sampling of items by Bags by Melanie to create this Spotlight on ByHand.me. Please feel free to go to this Spotlight to see the whole selection and leave a comment.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I love her bags!! They are amazing!

Audrey said...

Oh - please come to my blog - I have something for you!!